Time for another scrub review!
This time, it’s the Espresso Energizer Face Scrub, from Bee
Sweet 2 Me. Bet you saw that part coming, huh? ;) All it’s got in it are coffee
grounds, sugar, and sweet almond oil.
I had issues getting this one open; the outside got oily (my fault; it had spilled on itself a bit when I brought it home) and
I had to make my stepdad open it for me because I just couldn't make it do what
I wanted. That’s not the product’s fault, really, but it was not pleasant to try
and make it work.
And whoa, can someone say coffee? It smells very strong—it’s
good, but overpowering even in the container. And mixing it was … meh.
EVERYTHING sunk to the bottom, and it was hard to stir it up. But I managed,
eventually.
However, it was rough
on my face. I know it’s meant to be a face scrub, but it hurt. I put it on, and
I couldn't really rub it the way you’re supposed to because it felt like it was
cutting my skin.
| It ... sort of looks like dirt. Sorry for the unclear pic; you try taking a picture on your phone with one hand so you can show off the slick-slidey goods with the other! |
All in all, though, I can’t recommend this as a face scrub. I
might try it again as a foot scrub, actually. I think it would work better for
that.
Either way, though, it is available at Bee Sweet 2 Me for $8.99.
**Update, even before I've posted this the first time: I tried it as a foot scrub, and I like it a lot better. I even re-tried it on my face, but I find that I have to barely rub it before it's almost too much, which kind of defeats the purpose of an exfoliator scrub.
As a foot scrub, though, it was nice. The coarser coffee grounds can be used on my feet without the ouch.
But it did make my feet oily, so be careful if you use it and plan to step immediately onto tiles without patting off the excess oil.
**Update, even before I've posted this the first time: I tried it as a foot scrub, and I like it a lot better. I even re-tried it on my face, but I find that I have to barely rub it before it's almost too much, which kind of defeats the purpose of an exfoliator scrub.
As a foot scrub, though, it was nice. The coarser coffee grounds can be used on my feet without the ouch.
But it did make my feet oily, so be careful if you use it and plan to step immediately onto tiles without patting off the excess oil.

Thanks for the review, Kristen! We'll take it off the face scrub section. How about as a body scrub sans the face?
ReplyDeleteThat would be better I think--maybe my face is just too thin-skinned for it, but I do not like it on my face. My feet smell yummy, though!
Delete