Hey, everybody!
So, this is my review blog. Yep. Shiny and new and awesome.
But I wanted to make it because … well … I always want to review things, but I
don't really want them to get lost in the mire, plus I have an added incentive
now, with my awesome friend Krista over at Bee Sweet 2 Me offering to let me try her fancy-schmancy all natural body
scrubs for honest reviews.
![]() |
| That's a lot of stuff, yo. |
Their site even says how awesome they are:
"Our luxurious, high end products are made with 100% natural ingredients. We use essential oils, not synthetic fragrance oils in our bath salts!
Scrubs are also made using 100% natural ingredients, not extracts."
I am ALL for natural products. So much stuff anymore has
what amounts to mineral oil or the runoff from petroleum tossed in because it looks
good and makes you feel like it's doing its job. You know how you put on lotion
and it feels great until it "dries out"? Yeah. That's mineral oil locking out
moisture. Grumble growl complain, etc.
But enough of that rant. Krista wants an honest review.
Oh, I'll be honest.
So far, I love everything!
Okay, so I've only tried one so far. I'll review them each
as I get to them.
The one I'll review today is the Coconut Sugar Face Scrub. It comes in an 8-ounce jar, and the ingredients
list is … brilliantly short: coconut sugar, and honey.
| (Sorry for the smears on the lid--my hands were wet when I closed it and it smeared the label. Oops.) **Update: because this was a sample tester, the label's not waterproof. Purchased ones will be!** |
When I first opened it, I could smell the honey, and little
else. I like honey, though, and the idea of coconut sugar intrigues me. I've
heard a little about it, with it being sort of like a grainier brown cane sugar,
but that's about it. So I did some research: Apparently it's healthier than
cane sugar (and good for people with diabetes, based on its glycemic index
being lower than cane sugar or honey).
But back to the product.
It's amazing!
Since it's all natural, it needs to be stirred; the sugar
sinks to the bottom and then it's not a very good face scrub. That's the point
of the sugar granules!
![]() |
| Mixmixmixmixmix! |
And THAT'S when I could smell the coconut. Oh, lordy, it was
amazing! It has this warm nutty scent to it, and as I rubbed it on my face I
felt like I was breathing in the scent of slightly melty Almond Joy bars.
In other words: can I use this forever? There is no downside
to the scent.
The sugar was rough (as it should be), but not too abrasive
for my skin—it's definitely going to be nice on my hands as well, but not necessarily as a
body scrub (it's fairly gentle, thus its marketing as a face scrub!). And my skin is nice and
smooth now. At least, it feels a lot better than it did before I used it.
All in all, I'd recommend this product for everything, ever, forever.
Available online at Bee Sweet 2 Me for $24.99 Given that 8 ounces is gonna last a while (unless
I do like I want to and wash my face a dozen times a day), definitely worth it.
****Update, 3/17! So I just used this again tonight, and, out of curiosity, tasted it--it's just honey and sugar; nothing that'll kill me, right? IT TASTES LIKE AN ALMOND JOY. So, yeah, don't worry if you use it on your lips and it gets in your mouth. Soft lips and a pleasant taste!
Totally not gonna lie, I used it on my hands and missed a spot rinsing it off. I'm licking my wrists here, people. Pathetic.
****Update, 3/17! So I just used this again tonight, and, out of curiosity, tasted it--it's just honey and sugar; nothing that'll kill me, right? IT TASTES LIKE AN ALMOND JOY. So, yeah, don't worry if you use it on your lips and it gets in your mouth. Soft lips and a pleasant taste!
Totally not gonna lie, I used it on my hands and missed a spot rinsing it off. I'm licking my wrists here, people. Pathetic.


No comments:
Post a Comment