I know I reviewed one of Bee Sweet 2 Me’s products just last
time—I swear I’ll review other things, too, but this one is different. I
promise I'll do a book review or something next. I'm not a corporate shill; I just like free things, and she gave me free things!
But you see, Krista went out of her way to make my mom a
clay mask to help ease her flu pneumonia symptoms
when I mentioned that she wasn't feeling well, and then I came down with something. Of course I did. I can't escape the germs when my mom
doesn't cover her dang mouth when she coughs!
Anyway … so I figured, I'd try the mask, too. I'll give my
mom's review at the bottom, o'course, but here's my experience.
| *whistles* That's a LOT of clay! |
It's made with peppermint
oil, eucalyptus oil, and camu camu berry powder. And also clay, but I have no idea what kind of clay, and I'll ask next time I talk to Krista so y'all can know, too. **Update: Bentonite clay!
Now, we all know peppermint is awesome because it helps with
sinus problems, and headaches, and also it's just a great refreshing, cooling
scent. And eucalyptus is likewise good for coughs and cold symptoms, and also
circulation problems, but I'm not gonna lie: I can't recall ever hearing about
a camu camu berry before. So … research!
It's a South American berry that's got antioxidant
properties, and it's like an uber-dose of vitamin C. There's other stuff in it,
too, but for the sake of a cold … vitamin C.
Also, you should talk to a doctor if you're on chemotherapy
before taking anything camu camu berry-filled. That's a good thing to know.
Bee Sweet 2 Me's clay mask smells yummy—it's all that
peppermint and eucalyptus that makes it smell so good. But it goes on thin. I'd
been warned about that, but it really was thin. Also, cold.
It’s the peppermint, mostly. I mean, clay's cold anyway, but when you have oil
that's known for making things feel cool in it … whoo! I put it on my face and
neck, since neck-skin is thinner and makes it easier to absorb all those oils
and the good things that come from them.
Gotta stir it, by the way—those oils all come right up to
the surface and while you could just slather your skin in oils, that's not
exactly the best way to go about it. Carriers, people!
I left it on for about half an hour—I'd put on a thin-ish
coat because I wasn't sure how thick I'd need to lay it on, so I went thin. It's
definitely still there, though; as it dries I could feel it tightening, and it
helped clear my sinuses really well. But sneezing with it on is really weird,
haha. It's like your face won't cooperate, so I ended up sneezing all gross and
like, spitty-open-mouthed because my face muscles wouldn't cooperate to make it
a slightly less disgusting sneeze.
It dried quickly, and I left it on as long as I felt I could
without feeling weird. Washed it off, which is about as difficult as any other
clay mask out there, but I still feel cool and tingly. I’m not sure if I feel
better for it or if I just feel better because I’m cooler and cooler means I
don't feel hot and feverish, but it did something that makes me feel good in
some way!
My mom's review … was less comprehensive. She doesn't much like
clay or anything, so I had to cajole her: "Mom, she made it just
because you're sick!" So she tried it. It basically came down to her
liking it, but … she doesn't like clay. Or peppermint. Heh. But she said it
definitely made her fever feel less feverish. And that was about the extent of
her review. Whether she'll use it again remains to be seen; she is not big on
stuff on her face that isn't her heavy foundation makeup stuff.
The clay mask is not yet available on Bee Sweet 2 Me's
website; it was created totally on a whim because Krista's awesome like that.
But I'm sold on it. Maybe not for use all the time, but when I'm feeling kind
of icky, yeah. And if you want it, you should let her know!
Very good to know that it needs to be stirred! And it's made with Bentonite Clay. Since your mom doesn't like clay you can just "borrow" it from her indefinitely! ;)
ReplyDeleteI guess one good thing about it being thin but still working is that a little will go a LONG way!
Oh, man, yeah, it'll definitely last a long time! :D
ReplyDeleteI do love it, though--I'm going to let my mom keep it until she's through the pneumonia, because it did help her; she just whines about stuff, haha. She also won't take Buckley's because it doesn't taste good or something. I don't even know. She's so wimpy sometimes.